The Msc in Data Science is a postgraduate programme of study designed to meet the needs of a rapidly growing, high-impact Informatics section.
Decision making process, defining corporate goals and opportunities, as well as privileged customer groups are some of the key points in which data science focuses in order to add value to a business company.
Τhe MSc in Data Science aims to provide students valuable skills for their professional development focusing on interdisciplinary topics, such as Decision Making, Data Analysis, Data Mining and Machine Learning, both theoretically and practically.
Postgraduate Programme in Data Science aims at IT and Computer Science graduates, but can also be attended by Physical Sciences, as well as Business Administration and Finance graduates.
Duration: 1 year
Τhe MSc Data Science graduates become increasingly competitive in the job market by combining their previous studies with up-to-date knowledge and skills. They can thus work as data scientists, IT managers, business executives or freelancers in companies and organizations related to Technology, Computing and Communications.
Moreover, they have the opportunity to become members of the world-renowned professional organizations BCS (British Computer Society) and IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers).
- Mental Wealth: Professional Life (Data Ecology)
- Quantitative Data Analysis
- Advanced Decision Making
- Spatial Data Analysis
- Data Science Dissertation
The program is addressed to graduates and professionals from the field of Informatics, who wish to pursue a career in the area of data analysis.
- Bachelor degree in Informatics or related subject and certified English translation of Bachelor’s Degree and transcripts
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Diploma / certificate of English language knowledge § Other certificates/degrees (if any)
- Curriculum Vitae – CV § Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Evidence of work experience (where applicable)
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and phot
Τhe student must provide certified copies of official certificates from their previous institution. It should state that the student has completed the programme or qualification. Additional documentation may be required.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.
The academic staff of the School of Computing consists of distinguished lecturers, holders of Masters and PhD degrees with extensive research and consultancy work, teaching experience at Greek and foreign Universities plus professional recognition in their field of expertise.
In their majority they have extensive academic, research and professional experience in their field of expertise who familiarize students with the latest technological developments and help them put to practice the theoretical knowledge they acquire in class. Find here the CVs of the academic staff of the School.