The academic year officially begins the first week of October. Students are expected to arrive at least 1 week in advance, since they must attend the Orientation Week. Click on the Academic Calendar at the bottom of the page and see how term dates apply during an academic year.
Each year the Student Affairs Office runs an orientation event for all the international students arriving at Metropolitan College. International students should arrive during the Orientation Week (held early October and mid February each year). The orientation week includes series of sessions and events which provide an excellent introduction to Metropolitan Collegeand is a key part for a successful study experience. The Orientation Team will meet and greet all new students when they arrive on campus and provide them with all the information they need in order to settle in during their first few days. International students will receive important practical information and guidance relating to:
- studying and learning at Metropolitan College
- college services (including computing, library, student support)
- life as an Metropolitan College student
- living in Greece and cultural differences
- practical issues such as immigration and visas, health and safety.