Electrical and Electronic Engineers are at the core of the so-called fifth industrial revolution and graduates of these disciplines are in high demand both in local and in the international job markets. In particular, a professional engineer deals with the analysis, design and manufacturing of all kinds of electrical and electronic systems at the level of machines or larger installations.
Topics on Electrical Engineering-related problems are associated with large-scale electrical systems such as production/power transmission, electrical installations and electrical machinery control systems. Topics relating to Electronic Engineering are smaller-scale sub-systems (e.g. microprocessors) that become part of larger system (e.g. sustainable/ renewable energy and automation)..
The area of professional activity of Electrical and Electronic Engineers is broad and covers a series of diverse applications, including power electronics, optoelectronics, electronics, automation, microprocessors, artificial intelligence, signal processing, telecomms and renewable energy sources. The curriculum of Electrical Engineering and Electronic Systems is adapted to the needs of the Greek industry, provides the fundamental knowledge and theory of the science and trains the students in order to successfully put this knowledge into practice, whilst being fully in line with the curriculum of the British partner university.
The course is largely participatory and includes compulsory theoretical courses as well as laboratory courses, conducted at Metropolitan College’s fully equipped laboratory installations. It is an undergraduate course that provides standard and superior knowledge and educates students to successfully put this knowledge into practice.
The curriculum focuses on the implementation of theoretical aspects with a view to designing fully functional systems.
Duration: 4 or 5 years
The integrated Masters of Engineering offers the necessary skills to those who wish to advance professionally in the Electrical and Electronic Systems sector. Graduates of the course can pursue a career as Electrical – Electronic Engineers in companies or as freelancers.
The professional activities of the Electrical - Electronic Engineer are related to the various and diverse sub-disciplines, such as:
- Analysis and design for safe operation of diverse in application equipment, main or auxiliary, component or peripheral, stationary or non-stationary machines.
- Supervise and monitor reliability of electrical installations, as well as overseeing, repairing, maintenance and handling of the installation equipment.
- Provide technical services and expert opinions on power distribution, electrical installations, or equipment.
- Design and develop embedded systems related to several industries including the telecommunications, automation, and robotics sectors.
Graduates can also continue their studies at postgraduate level in Greece and abroad.
The programme is addressed to a wide range of graduates and professionals related to the construction industry who wish to pursue a career in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Certified English translation of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheet or equivalent qualifications
- Certified English translation of Bachelor’s Degree and transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation / reference from academics or employers
- Curriculum Vitae – CV
- Evidence of work experience (where applicable)
- Other certificates/degrees
The student must provide certified copies of official certificates from their previous institution. It should state that the student has completed the programme or qualification. Additional documentation may be required.
A personal interview complements the evaluation of the above documentation.
The academic staff of the School of Engineering and Architecture consists of distinguished lecturers, holders of Masters and PhD degrees with extensive research and teaching experience at Greek and foreign Universities plus professional recognition in their field of expertise.
In their majority they have extensive academic, research and professional experience in various projects of their specialization and can acquaint students with the latest developments and trends in Civil Engineering. They can also help students put to practice the theoretical knowledge they acquire in class.